We were waiting for this announcement for a while. It is now clear that the Tata Punch SUV will launch in India by Diwali 2021. It will be the most affordable SUV from Tata Motors in India. Tata Motors recently revealed the features and technical specs for this micro-SUV. The much-awaited car has all the reasons to be a bestseller, especially with such an attractive price. Here’s all you need to know about Tata Punch Launch Price, Launch date and tech specs.
Punch will be positioned below the Tata Nexon and is based on the same ALFA-ARC (Agile Light Flexible Advanced Architecture) platform. Tata is expected to launch at a starting price in the range of Rs. 5 Lacs to 5.50 lacs. This means Tata punch will lock horns with the Maruti Suzuki Ignis and Mahindra KUV100 Nxt.
Tata Punch Specs
1199 cc | Manual | Petrol
Rs. 5.50 Lakh
1199 cc | Cylinders Inline | 4 Valves/Cylinder | SOHC
Dimensions & Weight
3827 mm 1742 mm
1615 mm 2445 mm
Doors Seating Capacity No of Rows
5 Doors 5 Person 2 Rows
Suspensions, Brakes, Steering & Tyres
Independent, Lower Wishbone Mcpherson Strut with Coil Spring
Semi-independent Twist Beam with Coil Spring and Shock Absorber
Front Brake Type Rear Brake Type
Steering Type Wheels
Power-assisted (Electric) Steel Rims
Front Tyres Rear Tyres
185 / 70 R15 185 / 70 R15
2 Airbags (Driver, Front Passenger)
Tata Punch Features
- Comes with projector headlamps and LED DRLS
- Has bold LED tail lamps
- R16 Diamond cut alloy wheels are added to the vehicle
- Stylish roof rails that give it a premium look.
- For a hassle-free entry and exit; the car comes with 90-degree opening doors
- For even more bold and masculine; PUNCH comes with cladding doors, wheel arches, and sill cladding.
- Premium upholstery with a tri-arrow design for a royal look.
- Spacious interiors and rear flat floors.
- Seven color options to be on offer: Orcus White, Daytona Grey, Atomic Orange, Meteor Bronze, Tropical Mist, Calypso Red, and Tornado Blue. The last two come with a white roof.
- Push start/stop button that needs a touch of a finger.
- Automatic climate control to adjusts the temperature automatically.
- Leather steering wheel & gear knob for a more premium touch.
- Auto fold ORVM
- Cooled glove box
- Rear wiper & wash so that you can see clearly what’s behind.
- Over 25 utility spaces so that you can easily store all that you need.
- Steering mounted controls that offer access to infotainment clusters and cruise control in one place.
- Dual airbags are offered as standard.
- Reverse parking camera that allows you to reverse without worry.
- Front fog lamps with cornering function for safety
- Auto headlamps that light up your drive, automatically.
- Rain-sensing wipers for a hassle-free rainy drive
- A fortified cabin that absorbs a high level of impact with its steel and muscular structure keeping you and everyone inside safe.
- Rear defogger so that you can see those who are following you with clarity.
Advanced infotainment and connectivity
- Floating 7” infotainment screen
- With android autotm and apple carplaytm.
- Digital instrument cluster that is informative and in vogue.
- 4 speakers & 2 tweeters so that you can listen to your jam and do much more.
- Navigation offers you a turn-by-turn navigation indication cluster.
- Personalized wallpaper that offers the freedom to upload personalized wallpaper and stickers.
- What3words takes you anywhere using just 3 simple words.
- Connected car safety with tech innovations.
- Tribes is an offering that allows you to chill with fellow punch owners.
- Ira technology is a connected tech platform that offers a range of innovative features that are specially developed keeping in mind the needs of the Indian car buyer.
The Tata Punch will be offered in four variants including Pure, Adventure, Accomplished, and Creative.
|Tata Punch Pure (MT)||Tata Punch Adventure (MT/AMT)||Tata Punch Accomplished (MT/AMT)||Tata Punch Creative (MT/AMT)|
|Dual airbags||Four-inch infotainment system||Harman-sourced seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto||Projector headlamps|
|ABS with EBD||Four speakers||Two tweeters||LED DRLs|
|RPAS||Steering-mounted controls||Reverse parking camera||16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels|
|Isofix child seat anchorage points||USB charging port||LED taillights||Roof rails|
|Brake sway control||Electrically adjustable ORVMs||15-inch hyper-style wheels||Automatic headlamps|
|Front power windows||All four power windows||Engine start-stop button||Rain-sensing wipers|
|Tilt-adjustable steering||Follow-me-home-headlamps||Cruise control||Seven-inch instrument console|
|90-degree opening doors||Central remote locking with flip key||Height-adjustable driver seat||Auto-folding ORVMs|
|Rear flat floor||Full wheel covers||Traction pro mode (AMT only)||Automatic climate control|
|LED turn indicators||Body-coloured ORVMs||Automatic climate control|
|Humanity chrome line||Cooled glove-box|
|Body-coloured bumpers||Rear wiper and washer|
|Door, wheel arch, and sill cladding||Rear defogger|
|Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear-knob|
Official bookings for the Tata Punch are underway for Rs 21,000. It is expected that Tata Punch price will range from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 8 lakh. It is also expected that once the rest of the Tata ranged get CNG option’ Tata Punch will also be made available in CNG.
The Punch’s styling is inspired by the Harrier/Safari, featuring the split lighting setup, tri-arrow patter air dam grille, and heavy cladding all around.
If you are planning to buy a car this Diwali, don’t forget to test-drive Tata Punch before you finalize your choice. Tata might have another winner in form of Punch. Give us a high five in the comments if you like the details about this micro-SUV in Piccle. You may also enjoy reading about the most desirable cars – Super Cars, Obscene Prices!