It is not always easy to maintain a healthy lifestyle when you are living alone. When someone stays away from home the most missed thing is home-cooked food. The Covid-19 pandemic not only forced everyone to stay home but also forced everyone to try their hand at cooking also. So now that you have grown comfortable with your kitchen, how about trying some delicious and yet easy recipes when you are away from home.
Here are some quick-to-make, good-to-taste and easy recipes that you are going to love.
Ingredients Required: 100g brown rice, 1tbsp sunflower oil, 3 finely chopped spring onions, 3 minced cloves garlic, 1 bell pepper, 12 halved cherry tomatoes, 1tsp hot chilli powder, 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 240g drained tin black beans, Salt, Black pepper, 40g grated cheese, 1tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Boil the brown rice.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, and cook the onions, garlic and pepper over a medium flame for 5 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes, along with the chilli powder and paprika, and cook for a few more minutes.
- Smash the tomatoes a little with your spoon to release their juices. Add the black beans, and seasoning to taste.
- When the rice is cooked properly, drain it and add it to the bean mixture. If the mixture seems a little dry, add some water.
- When the mixture is hot and well combined, its ready to serve
Paneer Besan Chilla
Ingredients Required: 1 Cup Besan, 1/2 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Black Pepper, 1 Onion, chopped, 1/2 cup Paneer, grated, 1 Tomato, 2 Green Chillies, 1/2 tsp Ajwain, 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves, 1 Cup Water
- Take besan in a bowl, add salt, black pepper, onion, grated paneer, tomato, green chillies, ajwain and coriander leaves.
- Add all the ingredients together in the bowl along with water to make a mixture.
- Now take a pan and put some amount of the besan mixture to pan fry it.
- Fry till it turns solid, crispy and golden brown.
- Put some grated paneer, onion, black pepper and coriander leaves over.
- Fold it
Ingredients Required: methi leaves, besan, rice flour, ginger, finely chopped green chili, onions, curd, cooking soda, red chili powder and ajwain
- Mix methi leaves, besan, rice flour, ginger, finely chopped green chili, onions, curd, cooking soda, red chili powder and ajwain in a bowl.
- Add water gradually, and make it a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a fry pan and drop the battered pakora one at a time.
- Deep fry till they turn golden.
Ingredients Required: 5 Cups milk, 1/4 cup rice, 1/2 cup sugar, 8-10 Raisins, 3-4 Green cardamoms, 8-10 shredded almonds
- Boil the rice and milk in a deep pan.
- Simmer over a low flame, stirring occasionally till the rice is cooked and the milk becomes thick.
- When done add sugar, raisins and cardamoms.
- Stir till sugar gets dissolved properly.
- Transfer into a bowl and garnish with almonds.
- Kheer is ready to serve
Cheese Corn sandwich
Ingredients Required: 4 white bread slices, 1/2 cup boiled sweet corn, 2 tbsp finely chopped onion, 2 tbsp chopped tomato, 1 tbsp chopped capsicum, 1 tbsp chili flakes, Salt to taste, 1/4 cup grated cheese, 2 tbsp butter
- In a bowl, add boiled sweet corn, capsicum, tomato, onion, chili flakes, and salt, grated cheese.
- Mix well combining all the ingredients.
- Take your bread slice and apply butter over a bread slice.
- Arrange the corn cheese stuffing over the buttered bread slice. The stuffing should be on the higher side so make a thick layer.
- Take another bread slice spread butter over it. Cover on top with the slice of bread and press it gently.
- Heat a non-stick Tawa and melt butter on hot Tawa on medium heat.
- On low a flame, grill till the sandwich is golden brown in color and press down the bread slices with a spatula.
- Toast till the sandwich crisp from both sides and has a nice golden brown color.
- Cut the sandwich into two triangles.
Dahi Bread Chat
Ingredients Required: 5 Bread Slices, 1 cup Milk, Salt to taste, 1/2 Cup Thick Curd, 1 tbsp Red chilli powder, 1 tbsp Chat Masala, 1/4 tbsp Coriander Powder, 1/2 tbsp Cumin powder, 1/2 tbsp Amchur Powder, 2 tbsp Mixture/Sev
- Soak bread slices in milk for a few seconds. Squeeze the milk and make it into an oval shape bread rolls.
- Shallow fry the bread rolls in 2 tbsps of butter till they turn golden brown
- Add some onion pieces and green chilies chopped in the same pan
- Take a bowlful of curd and add salt and all other spice powders. Mix them.
- Take all the bread rolls into a plate. Add the fried onions, chilies and sprinkle some chili powder and chat masala.
- Pour the masala curd over them and again sprinkle some chili powder, chat masala and coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle lots of sev/mixture over it
Ingredients Required: 1/2 cup Sooji, 1/3 cup Ghee, 1¼ cups Water, 1/2 cup Sugar, 5 Almonds, 5 Cashew nuts, 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- Take sooji in a heavy-based pan, add ghee and heat it over medium flame.
- Stir and mix it using a spatula. And roast it till it goes golden-brown.
- Side by side boil 1¼ cups water in a small saucepan over medium flame.
- Reduce flame to low and slowly add boiled water and mix by stirring constantly.
- Stir and cook to avoid any lump formation. And increase the flame to medium and cook until all water gets absorbed. Add sugar to it and cardamom powder.
- Stir until sugar dissolves. Garnish with chopped nuts.
- Suji halwa is ready to eat.
Don’t forget to give yourself a pat on the back once you try one of these recipes and don’t forget to comment here either. You may also share any of your secret recipes in the comments below.